Pages

This Weeks Programme

Welcome to this week's edition of Scribble the programme that brings to life the world of #Poetry and #Creative #Writing. On the show this week are: Breezy McDaniel, Jennifer Circosta, Tim Grace, Heather Alley, Ken Allan Dronsfield, Leaf Edniwinga, Jahmar the Poet, Audrey marie Keel, Ryan Woods Author, Marian Finch, Kara Johnstad, Christopher Evol, ML Poetry,Michael R JUstice, Karen King, Marian Finch. We also give a mention to the guys at Poetry in Motion Alan Johnson andSusan Worrall who on Saturday will be broadcasting the inaugural show of the World comes to you. I have had a the pleasure of listing to it and its great. They will broadcast on the Poetry in Motion page on Saturday so why not have a listen. We gave Joy Wilson Parrish and her new book a shout out as well, its a cracking read. You can get it here: http://www.lulu.com/shop/joy-wilson-parrish/sojourn/paperback/product-22619513.html As usual if you are a poet or writer drop us a line and leave your work on our FB page at www.facebook.com/365scribble. Or on our submission page www.facebook.com/groups/365scribble/ On Google plus Poets Dream- Post here with our collaboration partner Scribble Radio Poetry Submission community. On Sound Cloud soundcloud.com/groups/scribble-poetry-radio-submission-group This programme is available as download from AudioBoom, Soundcloud and iTunes Podcast. Don't forget get involved and share your work with the world, it is your platform so please submit work and get involved.

Sunday 21 February 2016

Countessa Maria – A Tale of Despair

Been working on a short story for a while to encourage other writers to submit work for the scribble show. Below is an extract from it, i would like to thank Ryan Woods Author for his helpful critique of the work and giving me support and pointers of how to continue:

Countessa Maria – A Tale of Despair
Don’t wake me, the pain is too much to bear, my body is aching, aching to see her once more. Leave me in this fog, safely tucked away in peace.
No! Not now!
Too late, it’s all too late the memories are starting to return the images, the visions and the pain. 
Wait! Wait…………… 
That’s it I flew into Marco Polo Airport at Venice let me see, I landed at about 13:30 from Manchester and collected a hire car from Maggiore car hire.
My plan that is if I ever had a plan was to spend 5 days in Venice, then travel to Verona and up to Lake Garda at the foot of the mountains, I had stayed there before many years ago. 
Venice, bellisimo, what a beautiful city, the sounds the smells, it always reminds me of a film set, unearthly yet tantalisingly real. It’s fair to say I had become an Italiaphile, spending my holidays in Rome, Venice, Florence; I consumed the art, the atmosphere, the lifestyle, wonderful memories, so long ago….
It was straightforward to get to the hotel as I had completed the trip many times before.
That’s not quite true I see it now, the number of times I took a wrong turn and ended down by the canal only to be greeted by a beautiful vista with emerald green water, stunning simply stunning and breathtaking. 
Looking back I think this was the first time I caught site of the Countessa, I was lumbering along through the crowds along Ruga d. Speziali, past a shop that sold leather bound books, the smell, that wonderful aroma of leather permeated the air so beautiful so evocative. I had been to this shop many times it was called, called…… why can’t I remember. Anyway I remember seeing this beautiful elegant women talking to the bookseller, it was only a glancing look of course, as I needed to get to the hotel. What struck me was her eyes, they where black, black as obsidian, mesmerising I felt as though I knew her that we were meant to be. Impossible of course I am far to lowly and would never have been invited into her social circles, but such a strange thought to have. 
I finally arrived at the hotel at about 17:30 I dropped off my bags and headed off down towards the Grande Canal down the Riva del Carbon to a restaurant I knew there. Sitting alone outside in the warm summer air with only the company of strangers at the other tables, I sipped my glass of Bordalino red wine, what I would give to taste that sweet nectar now.
Looking out towards the canal I could see couples and families ambling along enjoying the beautiful evening. To my left I caught site of the Countessa, who entered the restaurant, exchanged pleasantries with the owner and then casually started to walk in my direction, captivating, truly captivating.
I averted my gaze and looked back along the canal side lost in my thoughts soaking up the atmosphere. Suddenly I was startled by the Contessa asking in Italian if she could join me, I replied of course in broken Italian ‘Mi dispiace signora, io non parlo italiano, io sono inglese.’
As would be fitting of a woman of her class she replied in perfect English, introduced herself and sat down.
That first meeting looking into those eyes, I was lost, lost and captivated by her presence, it was as though she had stolen my heart, invaded my mind and taken it captive until she decided to release me.
She touched my arm lightly, it was as though lights had exploded in my head, my body was charged, my mind a slave to her being, a clear wanting and yearning, exciting and exhilarating, yet tinged with a touch of foreboding. Looking back now, did I at some level know what the future held. I don’t know, maybe, but of course I paid no heed to that nagging thought in the recess of my mind.
to be continued.....

No comments:

Post a Comment