Pages

This Weeks Programme

Welcome to this week's edition of Scribble the programme that brings to life the world of #Poetry and #Creative #Writing. On the show this week are: Breezy McDaniel, Jennifer Circosta, Tim Grace, Heather Alley, Ken Allan Dronsfield, Leaf Edniwinga, Jahmar the Poet, Audrey marie Keel, Ryan Woods Author, Marian Finch, Kara Johnstad, Christopher Evol, ML Poetry,Michael R JUstice, Karen King, Marian Finch. We also give a mention to the guys at Poetry in Motion Alan Johnson andSusan Worrall who on Saturday will be broadcasting the inaugural show of the World comes to you. I have had a the pleasure of listing to it and its great. They will broadcast on the Poetry in Motion page on Saturday so why not have a listen. We gave Joy Wilson Parrish and her new book a shout out as well, its a cracking read. You can get it here: http://www.lulu.com/shop/joy-wilson-parrish/sojourn/paperback/product-22619513.html As usual if you are a poet or writer drop us a line and leave your work on our FB page at www.facebook.com/365scribble. Or on our submission page www.facebook.com/groups/365scribble/ On Google plus Poets Dream- Post here with our collaboration partner Scribble Radio Poetry Submission community. On Sound Cloud soundcloud.com/groups/scribble-poetry-radio-submission-group This programme is available as download from AudioBoom, Soundcloud and iTunes Podcast. Don't forget get involved and share your work with the world, it is your platform so please submit work and get involved.

Saturday 20 February 2016

The Journal Of Cinnamon Paige, Un-Death By Chocolate

This was the first teaser that Ryan Woods shared with all of us about 
The Journal Of Cinnamon Paige, Un-Death By Chocolate. This is the scene where Cinnamon has her first encounter with the un-dead. Broadcast on the first show of Scribble.
"The left side of his cheek had been eaten through to the jawbone; his teeth visible through the gaping, jagged hole in his flesh. As I got nearer I watched as his tongue slid through the hole in his cheek like a short, fleshy snake. A thought entered my head, which I immediately tried to dismiss. It seemed almost as if that discoloured lump of meat that was Mr Mahoney's tongue was tasting the air as if it had detected on the breeze a flavour that it liked - Cinnamon, and by that I meant me.
He wasn't immediately able to pinpoint my location due to the fact that where his left eyeball should have been there was only a dark, vacant socket that several flies seemed to have taken a particular interest in. However, as his head continued to turn towards me his right eye latched onto me and I could have sworn that I saw a glimmer in that dead soulless eye that looked like excitement.
A realisation suddenly dawned on me. I was alone with no means of protection and I was being studied by my elderly, seemingly un-dead neighbour who was eyeing me up, if you'll pardon the slightly pervy sounding expression, as if I was a prime piece of meat on a butchers hook.
The freak that was once Mr Mahoney now faced me fully and began to advance towards me in a shambling manner like a puppet whose strings had become all tangled up. His advance may have been slow, as befits the elderly and the un-dead, but it seemed to have a determined purpose to it that I found extremely disturbing.
I felt sure that I could outrun him because even when he was alive he wasn't exactly the most mobile or athletic pensioner that I had ever met. But for some reason I also felt that outrunning him was not necessarily the solution, as if now that he'd inhaled my scent, and liked it, he was not going to stop until his stained dentures were gnawing on my young, tender flesh.
As crazy as it may sound I'd chuckled to myself inwardly at that thought. An image had entered my head of him biting down on my calf and then raising his head in cannibalistic glory whilst his dentures remained clamped on my leg. I'd wondered briefly to myself if that was a real possibility before deciding that in truth I really had no desire to find out."
I shall not tell you how Cinnamon handles the situation. You will have to discover that when the manuscript is complete and hopefully on the shelf.

www.facebook.com/ryanwoodsauthor

No comments:

Post a Comment