Pages

This Weeks Programme

Welcome to this week's edition of Scribble the programme that brings to life the world of #Poetry and #Creative #Writing. On the show this week are: Breezy McDaniel, Jennifer Circosta, Tim Grace, Heather Alley, Ken Allan Dronsfield, Leaf Edniwinga, Jahmar the Poet, Audrey marie Keel, Ryan Woods Author, Marian Finch, Kara Johnstad, Christopher Evol, ML Poetry,Michael R JUstice, Karen King, Marian Finch. We also give a mention to the guys at Poetry in Motion Alan Johnson andSusan Worrall who on Saturday will be broadcasting the inaugural show of the World comes to you. I have had a the pleasure of listing to it and its great. They will broadcast on the Poetry in Motion page on Saturday so why not have a listen. We gave Joy Wilson Parrish and her new book a shout out as well, its a cracking read. You can get it here: http://www.lulu.com/shop/joy-wilson-parrish/sojourn/paperback/product-22619513.html As usual if you are a poet or writer drop us a line and leave your work on our FB page at www.facebook.com/365scribble. Or on our submission page www.facebook.com/groups/365scribble/ On Google plus Poets Dream- Post here with our collaboration partner Scribble Radio Poetry Submission community. On Sound Cloud soundcloud.com/groups/scribble-poetry-radio-submission-group This programme is available as download from AudioBoom, Soundcloud and iTunes Podcast. Don't forget get involved and share your work with the world, it is your platform so please submit work and get involved.

Monday 22 February 2016

I don’t want to be the Actor



Tom Nelson to 365Scribble
16 hrs
Giving my time to wonderful people
That I would never know again
I am the legend
I am the fossil of my own life
Still clinging to celluloid
Though it hurts
I learnt my morals from modern man
Staying in the fifties for as long as I can
It was all about the girl
It was all about being the hero
Keeping trouble at arms length
Give me the weirdos
Give me the homeless
I’ll kick you out
Put you on the streets
Then do it again
And the door is always open
Be careful you don’t walk through
Have you ever had that love of the night
Knowing it’s right
To sleep all your days in dreams of another
She’s a sparkling wine
And so fine that If I touched her
I think that I’d cut her
Incurable romance
Isn’t about dancing
It’s about who you’re with and what they have lent you
Of their own life
Free the beast look at the moon
Tell her that you’ll see her soon
It’s alright to stay in
You know she’ll call
And if the time was right
If Jupiter was setting on pictures of beautiful ladies
I would see her tomorrow
Forget the gentle jealousy
Trade it in for a sure fire way
Of kicking the sorrow
it gets to be a habit
time to close the window and lock all the doors
it’s you she’s living for
Tom Nelson

No comments:

Post a Comment